- To train the company's current technical personnel based on international professional competence standards, so that they can successfully operate and maintain processes and equipment at production facilities and in the field
Over 200 employees trained from 2011 to date, including electrical technicians, processing unit operators, and instrument technicians.
The project includes:
- The OPITO professional training has been organized for operators and technicians of PetroKazakhstan since 2011
- The first 200 certificates were given to those employees who had successfully completed the training modules on Petroleum Processing Technology Certificate (PPTC)
- A group of electrical technicians was trained from 2012 to 2013
- 17 operators were given OPITO certificates in 2014
- 1 group of instrument technicians received certified training from 2015 to 2016
Another group of operators is currently undergoing training and is expected to complete the course by the end of 2017.
- The program involves active use of the Virtual Training System (VTS)
- All of the company's current employees receive their training in between shifts